PORTFOLIO PRESS RELEASE
Autonomous Control Systems Laboratory Ltd. (ACSL) today announced that it has agreed to receive investments from UTEC (The University of Tokyo Edge Capital) and Rakuten, Inc. (TOKYO: 4755).
Drone development and usage is a fast-growing field that has been attracting global attention in recent years. Inside Japan as well, progress is being made with research and development in the form of industry-academia-government collaborations and with creating the environment for commercialization, and so further growth can be envisaged in the future.
ACSL is a spin-out from Chiba University in Japan. ACSL utilizes the world leading autonomous controls research and technologies developed at by the laboratory of Professor. Kenzo Nonami at Chiba University since 1998. ACSL is engaged in the R&D, manufacturing, sales and building solutions for industrial drone applications. With its proprietary technologies made and developed in Japan, ACSL aims to lead to the new industrial revolution of the global skies.
UTEC, Rakuten and our existing shareholders will work together while capitalizing on their respective strengths in the utilization of industrial drones, in order to deliver innovation to society with technologies and services originating in Japan.
Name ：Autonomous Control Systems Laboratory Ltd. (ACSL)
Address ：Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Representative ： Dr. Kenzo Nonami. Founder and CEO
Established ： November 1, 2013
Details of Business ：
1. Research and development of all types of autonomous robot system hardware
2. Research and development of all types of autonomous robot system software
3. Autonomous robot system manufacturing and sales
4. Operation and management of autonomous robot systems
5. All other types of autonomous robot system-related business
6. Consulting on all of the above
7. All ancillary or related business connected with the above
ACSL Press Release
Rakuten Press Release